what are the main parts of the circulatory system ?
what are the main parts of the circulatory system？
What are the circulatory system parts?
- Heart, a muscular organ that pumps blood throughout your body.
- Blood vessels, which include your arteries, veins and capillaries.
- Blood, made up of red and white blood cells, plasma and platelets.
Keeping this in consideration,What are the 4 main parts of the circulatory system?
The circulatory system consists of three independent systems that work together: the heart (cardiovascular), lungs (pulmonary), and arteries, veins, coronary and portal vessels (systemic).
Accordingly,What are the main parts of the circulatory system and their functions?
The heart, blood and blood vessels work together to service the cells of the body. Using the network of arteries, veins and capillaries, blood carries carbon dioxide to the lungs (for exhalation) and picks up oxygen. From the small intestine, the blood gathers food nutrients and delivers them to every cell.
Correspondingly,What are the 3 circulatory systems?
3 Kinds of Circulation: Systemic circulation. Coronary circulation. Pulmonary circulation.
Subsequently, question is,How many parts are in the circulatory system?
It includes the cardiovascular system, or vascular system, that consists of the heart and blood vessels (from Greek kardia meaning heart, and from Latin vascula meaning vessels). The circulatory system has two divisions, a systemic circulation or circuit, and a pulmonary circulation or circuit.
Three main parts of the circulatory system is the heart, veins, capillaries, and arteries.
The heart is the most important part of the circulatory system because without it blood would not be pumped throughout the body. The blood vessels are the most important part as they carry the blood with nutrients and oxygen to the cells.
List the four major parts of the circulatory system.
- pump - heart.
- plumbing - blood vessels.
- circulating fluid - blood.
- auxiliary fluid system - lymphatic system.
the circulatory system is divided into two main parts, the systemic circulation and the pulmonary circulation.
Parts of the Cardiovascular System
- Blood. Blood is the fluid that carries the oxygen and nutrients vital to the function of the body, as well as the waste that needs to be removed. ...
- Blood Vessels. ...
Terms in this set (10)
- Heart. Atria and ventricles. ...
- Arteries. large vessels that carry oxygen rich blood away from the heart.
- veins. large vessels that carry oxygen poor blood back to the heart.
- capillary. ...
- components of the blood. ...
- plasma. ...
- red blood cells. ...
- white blood cells.
The cardiovascular system, also known as the circulatory system, includes the heart, arteries, veins, capillaries and blood. The heart functions as the pump that moves blood through the body.
The function of the circulatory system is to transport O2 and nutrients to body cells and to carry oxygen-poor blood and CO2 back to the heart and lungs.